Md. Atiqur Rahman Ahad, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, University of Dhaka
Some notes/info [will be updated regularly]:
- Textbook to buy: Computer Organization and Architecture, W. Stallings, Pub.: Prentice Hall.
- CT-1 is over.
- 3 credits, 3 hours/week
- Attendance - at the beginning. No sleeping or disturbance. Mobile phone must be switched OFF or in silent mode.
- No best count on exams.
- 10 times more reading - outside the class
- Home work - by default, what we cover in the class. If anything else/more, you will be informed.
HW seriously - no copy, no cheating, no fakibaji-submission.
Hand-written in Bangla-English [so that you just can't copy-paste without understanding]
- Class tests - on-the-fly [May be Open-book exam & negative-marking]
- Mid-term exam [May be Open-book exam & negative-marking]
- Final exam
- Topics to cover:
- Computer System;
- Memory System;
- I/O Devices, I/O modules, DMA;
- CPU, Register, ALU, Bit slicing ALU;
- Control Unit;
- High Performance Computer System.